Thursday, April 24, 2008

Random Happenings

Well, here we are less than a month after I started this blog, and I can't think of something to write about! So, today is random things that have happened during the last couple of weeks.

First of all, Kaylee is doing so much better. Thank you so much for all of your nice comments and well wishes. We really appreciate it. She's doing fine now, but the day after she came home from the ER she learned pretty quickly how to take advantage of the situation . . .

Yes, in my bed. I'm a sucker.
This week Kirk is out of town. He went to Chicago for a work training. So, that leaves just the two of us. Kaylee is so much fun! I wish I could stay home with her all the time.


Tuesday I took Kaylee with me to Blockbuster to look for a movie. As I was searching, she found an Ugly Betty movie:

She said: "Mom - LOOK! She has a necklace on her teeth and glasses on her eyes!" I thought, well, how else can you explain braces to a two-year-old? Now I know. :)

Tuesday night I was getting her bath ready and I told her to get undressed for the bath. She was being sarcastic to see what I would say and she said "I'm getting in with my clothes on." I just looked at her and said "ok. Go ahead." She had the most shocked look on her face and then she quickly put one foot in, looking at me for approval: I nodded. She kept going, ever so slowly, constantly looking, just waiting for me to say stop and the joke is over. Well, she got all the way in and then thought it was hilarious. :)




A couple of weeks ago Kirk and I went to the Diamondbacks game. It's fun to see them win and we had great seats, too! Thanks Mom and Dad for giving up your tickets! (My parents are die-hard Dbacks fans and they get tickets to many games at the beginning of the season. Sometimes they can't make it to a game and they graciously give them to their kids.) It was a great date night. :)



And there's our random happenings for the past two weeks. We have two birthday parties this weekend, so hopefully I'll have more to post after that. Both of the girls are turning three. Kaylee is so excited to go to a "big girl party!" It's all she is talking about until we go. I'm just not sure if she will understand why she has to sing and give presents to someone else. We'll see!

1 comment:

Dave and Tricia Folsom Family Fun said...

Kaylee is so dang cute! I'm glad she is feeling better.